Sunday, September 26, 2010

bad things in threes

I've always been mildly superstitious. I balk at opening umbrellas indoors or walking under ladders, and I'm not overly crazy about black cats, either. The logical, intelligent part of me insists that these are just old wives' tales, persnickety fears brought on by culture's insistence that there has be a reason for everything that goes wrong. Sometimes, there just isn't.

Still, it seems that Zach and I have hit a "bad things in threes" slump again. First, he's had two expensive car repairs within two weeks (brakes and some other part I can't remember) that have cost a total of $1200. Then, when we got the car back yesterday, it was stalling out at stoplights. Double sigh. Finally, when we arrived home last night, Hector was coughing up blood. Again. Poor baby was so confused, and was wheezing, and it was very troublesome, but we tried to keep our cool; the last time we took him to the vet for this, they did nothing to help him, couldn't diagnose the problem, and charged us 600 bucks. Still, I hate seeing him like this. He's kind of listless and sad, and mostly stays huddled up in his box, a sure sign that he isn't feeling well. We're keeping a close eye on him. At least he's eating.





Poor Zach is stressed to the max. Here's hoping that once the bad things are over, we get three really good things (I'm still holding out for winning the lottery).

1 comment:

  1. Hope things turn around for you guys. It sucks when it seems like everything that could go wrong goes wrong at the same time.

    ReplyDelete